Sudoku is a logical puzzle game, originally created in puzzle books and then made available in countless newspapers worldwide. The grid is 9 cells high by 9 cells wide and within the grid are 9 boxes each featuring 9 cells. The object is to fill in the numbers 1-9 in each row, column and box, but they must only appear in each one once.Suitable for all players from beginners through to experts and six levels of difficulty, Astraware Sudoku is packed with features.
There are several ways to get puzzles: from the pre-built puzzle packs available at http://www.sudokuoftheday.com; by using the integrated Puzzle Builder which creates literally billions of puzzles; or download any of the Puzzles of the Day* over the air and then compare your times with other players worldwide.
Players can also play puzzles from newspapers or books they've entered and get Astraware Sudoku's expert help and assistance to solve them. Astraware Sudoku offers a range of different options to help players solve puzzles including manual or automatic pencilmarks in a choice of styles; a smart hints system; and the brand new hold and highlight system which can display an overlay for a specific number or pencilmark helping players to see where to look and what to look for. In touchscreen devices there's the added bonus of the notepad overlay, allowing players to make their own pencilmarks and notes on screen too.Following requests from existing users, Astraware Sudoku version 1.40 now includes an extensive Puzzle Manager which allows players to select a specific puzzle to play, or delete puzzles they've already completed.The game also offers a choice of control methods where players can move around and enter numbers using the 5-way, number keys, stylus and touchscreen, keyboard shortcuts, or any combination of these, so you can play it the way you want to.
- Full tutorial introducing you to the basics of how to solve Sudoku
- Enter your pencilmarks manually, or use the Auto pencilmark feature (optional at any time)
- Notepad available while you play, allowing you to make notes at any time
- Beautiful graphics and subtle effects
- Integrated Sudoku solver:
- Provides hints on what techniques to apply to find a number...rather than just giving you the answer!
- Can solve any "true" Sudoku
- Rates the difficulty of a Sudoku on more than just number of empty cells - takes into account the advanced Sudoku techniques needed to find a logical solution
- Supports English, French, German, Italian and Spanish!
You can either use the 1.0 patched version, or you can either use the Astraware website to generate a registration code, or use tm_astraware.prc tool to generate a registration code for any version.
Palm OS 5 only.