PowerRUN enables applications to be moved from internal memory to a memory card (Memory Stick, MMC, SD Card, CF card, etc.) and to be launched from the memory card as if they resided in internal memory.
PowerRUN supports these machines:
- All SONY CLIE series
- ALL Palm series with SD Card support( m500, m505, m515, m125,m130, i705, Tungsten T/T2/W/C, Zire71)
- Garmin iQue 3600
- Alphasmart Dana
- Handspring Treo 90
- WorkPad c500 / c505
- HandEra 330
- TRGPro (with PalmOS3.5.2 or later)
- Handspring Visor with PalmOS 3.5 or later used with VFS Functionality (IO Data's SnapSlot Helper, InnoPoket's CompactFlash Adapter or FlashPlus, Portable Innovation's MemPlug with PiVFS)
PowerRUN may be used to free internal memory by moving infrequently used software to the Memory Card. More frequently used software, or software with large databases such as dictionary or mapping software may also be moved to the Memory Card, but may take longer than is convenient to launch.
On handheld with PalmOS 4.0 or later , standard (included) software exists which enables applications to be launched from the Memory Card. However, PowerRUN is superior to this software because:
- Applications may be moved to the Memory Card from internal memory with ease (and vice-versa).
- Launching a memory card application is faster.
- Third party launchers may be used.
- Applications and also attached data files may be moved to the memory card.
- Read/write databases may be moved to the memory card. (The OS standard software only allows read only databases to be moved)
- Applications on the memory card may be categorized like ones in internal memory.