SlovoEd is a multi-language Palm dictionary engine. It runs on all devices with Palm OS 3.1-5.2. Advantages of SlovoEd dictionary for Palm OS are convenient interface, quick translation, a large number of entries with low memory consumption and possibility to install several language pairs at the same time.
Palm dictionary features:
- user friendly interface with color formatting of dictionary entries and several color schemes;
- the possibility of adding new entries, changing and deleting the existing entries in the powerful built-in editor;
- the possibility to activate/deactivate all changes of entries and synchronize changes with desktop computer;
- marks for genders of nouns, definitions and examples, subject-field and usage labels support (if available in the Palm dictionary word-base);
- full screen and standard modes to show translation;
- the resident module that allows you to translate words from within the currently active application: just select the word and start the resident module (not available for Handspring Treo devices with hardware keyboard); search history (list of words that you searched recently) and quick access to it;
- possibility of learning words using "Word of Day" and "Flash Cards Quiz" features;
- powerful compression technology that enables high data compression ratio (up to 100 000 words in 250 Kb) with high access rate;
- quality dictionary databases specially adapted for Palm OS (dictionary databases are provided by different linguistic companies and have different size and price);
- availability to install several dictionaries at the same time;
- dictionary interface and User Manual available in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Czech and Lithuanian;
- possibility to install to expansion cards (Memory Stick, Compact Flash, Secure Digital, MMC).
Registration information for some of the dictionaries is available in the Codez4Palm database.
SlovoEd Palm dictionary is compatible with Palm Connected Organiziers, Handspring Visor, Sony CLIE, HandEra, TRG Pro, IBM WorkPad and other Palm OS 3.1-5.2 based devices.